Jaco Pastorius Sheet music

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by oneoftheway, Nov 27, 2002.

1. oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002

Does anyone know where i can get jaco pastorius's sheet music from of the internet. I really want sheet music and not tab. Thanks All
  2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Do a search on Google..that's what it's for. There are several web sites that have free Jaco sheet music and many more that have tabs.
  3. oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002
    I did that search and nothing came up exept tabs. I'll go have look just to make sure. Thanks
  4. oneoftheway

Nov 27, 2002
    i did the search and nothing came up. i spent a while searching as well. Do you have any specific sites that i can look up
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  6. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I just looked at the Teen Town transcription on the site Pacman posted. I reckon it's full of mistakes, what do you guys reckon?

EDIT: Well, not full of 'em, but has a few
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    The first F13 bar has some problems...
    Beat 2-
    I usually slide/hammer onto the A(from Beat 1's "a of 1"'s G#).
    And that bar's "a of 4" should be D#(leads chromatically into the next bar's E).

Have you seen the somewhat recent Jaco transcription books(from Hal Leonard Publications, I think).
    All 4 of 'em are pretty darn decent.
  8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
  9. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    "Come On, Come Over" looks pretty good to me.
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I was going to say the lucas pickford site - I think this is the best source of free Jaco transcriptions - but as Jim says the recent series of books are great. I bought "A Portrait of Jaco - the Solos Collection". Very nice explanations of what Jaco is doing as well as the sheet music.
  11. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    That figures.
    Of the 4, I bought The Solos Collection last!

It did blow my mind seeing the intro to "Punk Jazz" charted out. Now I have no excuse.
    One of those books(the one with the cd) has a nice little Joni groove excerpt("Talk To Me").
    There's also the "3 against 4" Funk of "Kuru" explained in the same book...during that tune's pino solo, Jaco drops of the last beat; he's now in "3" while the rest of the band keeps bangin' away in "4".
    I now use "Blackbird" as a little warm-up thingee while the others are setting up; it's amazing-Everyone recognizes it after 2 beats or so.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It just looked to have the most interesting stuff, best value for money for me and also the particular lines I have never managed to play, in over 20 years of trying!! ;)
  13. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...& I'm still barely handling the groove stuff!
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002