Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jaco with Joni's "Mingus" band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Las Olas, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Hey guys

Big Jaco fan. Recently caught some pics of Jaco playing with Joni and Tony Williams, entitled "Jaco playing with one of the Mingus bands" - obviously referring to Joni's Mingus album...
    ....but what I want to know is, did the Mingus band - ie. Jaco with Tony Williams ever perform live? And are there any unofficial bootlegs of it?

If so, I'd appreciate Jaco traders to get into contact with be.

Kind regards

LA

2. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    I think perhaps I'm coming across in the wrong way.

I'm not just after tapes - I'm genuinely curious as to whether Jaco played in this band of Joni's, away from the Shadows and Light group.

Regards

LA

3. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Could you post a link to this pic. I too am a big Jaco, and Joni fan. I've never heard that he played w/any of Joni's bands but the Shadows and Light version. I'd be very interested.
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!:meh:

4. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Its in a magazine I have......afraid I cant scan it.....broken scanner....sorry!

Regards

LA

5. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    I don't know if this is the mingus band, but i'm downloading(edonkey)a concert wich features joni, jaco, metheny, brecker.....:cool:

6. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Tut....you should buy it....that's the Shadows and Light tour, buy the double CD and DVD, now!

Regards

LA

7. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    mm... i would love to buy it(and many other things)... but here in chile it's imposible to do that. :rolleyes:
    well it's not that bad, i have a good excuse to download music....:)