Jacob Collier

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ylenovox230t, Apr 2, 2021.

1. ylenovox230t

ylenovox230t

Apr 2, 2021
    I think as the most famous bass forum in the world, we should mention this one incredible musician here in Talkbass; Jacob Collier.

Yes he is not primarily a bassist, he is a multi instrumentalist and vocalist, songwriter, arranger, producer, programmer too.. all, like normally many musician should be today, actually. He has multiple Grammy Awards for his work including this year Grammy.
    He is a multi instrumentalist, complete musician, but he very often hold and play bass guitar in his performance everywhere, and he plays all the instruments and sings unbelievably superb, including bass. Just listen to his works, singles, albums, videos and all. I think he is even much better in playing bass, than many bassists, including myself. Even better than many good bassists I know. Just listen to his work and you'll know what I'm saying here.

One example:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Dr. Cheese likes this.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think he is quite heavily influenced by early 2000’s Neo Soul and Pino Pallidino’s sound on D’Angelo’s Voodoo.

ylenovox230t likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021