Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jaco's Bass @ GC Atlanta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WAKOJACO, Sep 12, 2001.

1. WAKOJACO

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    There is a Fender Custom Shop "exact replica" of Jaco's bass at GC in Atlanta for $3K. Suprisingly good job on the false aging. Atlantans check it out.
    But, for 3k, I think I'd opt for a Sadowsky fretless, and wear it out myself.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There's one in the San Francisco GC also.

3. There was one in my house until someone helped himself to it earlier this year.

4. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I saw one in the West Covina GC also. They should make something new, not just replicas.

5. That REALLY sucks Xavier :( :(

6. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    :(

:mad:

7. Yeah, bummer. :mad:

It was insured. :)

8. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    They had one at Gruhns Guitars in Nashville. I believe it was a bit less than $3K. Played pretty well for a pre-beaten bass.

Isn't GC supposed to be the best price around? Hmmm...

Adam Falkner,
    GC employee :eek:

9. They have one at the GC in Dallas on Central as well.

Someone on bassgear was selling one for ~$1500 not too long ago.

Jeff

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Yeah, but who would want a
    used relic bass? I only want my bass worn out by a professional :D :rolleyes: :D

I checked the one out at GC Atlanta. I won't buy Fender from a big retail chain in Atlanta--I have a better source with a small mom-and-pop shop in Griffin, GA. It's worth the hour drive.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The production Jaco signature bass, especially the fretted one, is a really awesome instrument. I own a '99 and it's my current favorite. Plays/sounds like a dream. Great attention to detail in the workmanship, too.

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I hate thieves. I hope they get caught. I have had three basses stolen from me.

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've had 2. The one that hurt the most was my cherry sunburst Spector 4.:mad: :mad: :mad: :(

14. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    This reminds me, 13th annual jaco rememberance day is on the 21st, I hope it becomes a national holiday pretty soon.

Xavier, that reminds me, i better get my stuff insured. I've broken into my house many times, without any damage to a door or window. I know this little trick i can do with a knife.

15. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, that'll happen, amigo! :) Everybody knows that bass players are the most celebrated of all celebrities in the world. Just look at the adulation we get on a local level!!!

16. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey, if you guys are looking for one of the Jaco basses, there is one at the Musician's Friend in KC... It's not aged, and looks pretty cool.... I think they had 1200 on it? but don't quote me... If any of you want to know more about it, let me know an I will get you in touch with a great guy that works there...

P@

17. Hey PM, I've been to the Musician's Friend in KC, but isn't most of the stuff at that store really damaged? I played a few things that felt like they were falling apart, and not to mention a few amps that didn't work or cut out on me real quick.

18. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    It is definately a place where the buyer needs to beware... The stuff in that store is returns, damaged, factory seconds, that kinda junk... I go in there pretty regularly, and find they are bringing in more and more new stuff... So you need to be careful, and really check stuff over that you would buy. I feel like I have really gotten some nice deals in there, and they really have a lot of stuff to pick from.... But like I said, you really need to check the stuff out. It is kinda like a big ol' garage sale. I have found deals on stuff to part out, and to use to build new basses... So you have to pay attention, but that's just about any music store, huh?

19. Yeah, I'd go there more often but it's like a 45 minute ride from Johnson County to that area of town.

20. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    $3k? that's hilarious.