1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jacques Tube Blower - Let's hear about it!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fishtx, Mar 22, 2009.

1. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I did a search, and found very little about this pedal, other than it's a TS808 clone...But this pedal is getting some nice press, and I want to get opinions of the Jacques Tube Blower being used with Bass.the Jacques website touts it highly as a Bass effect...Here a qoute from the site:

"Because the TB (Tube Blower) preserves full frequency range AND dynamics, bass players has made it their favorite for a punchier tone on stage.
    Up to now, no bassist who tried it could give it back to me. Serious. " John Taylor from Duran Duran is using it...or so they say.

Anyway, I would love to get some details, opinions, pro's and cons, etc...on this pedal...It looks great, and it sounds like Jacques really put some work into prefecting it...but want to hear from some experienced users...

Thanks!

2. Hmm - I've never thought of it for bass (then again, I don't do overdrive on bass). I have an original boutique Jacques Fuse Blower - but it's just really a fuzz pedal more than anything else. Nothing TS about it. I guess the Tube Blower is completely different though...

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep, the Fuse Blower and Tube Blower are only related by being clipping pedals made by Jacques with the word "Blower" in the name.

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Here is what I netted in several searches.

5 post thread with some opinions and a soundclip...(loads slowly on my computer so it could be a dead link. I haven't listened to it).

Google Search...Jacques Tube Blower.

Looks like there is a lot of info in there....just gotta sift through, but sounds like a good Tube Screamer clone that works well with bass.

EDIT: Poking around those searches a little more....there isn't really much to go on here on TB. Probably just hasn't caught on. There are no sound clips of it on bass on the web....and nothing to be found on the wiki either.

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Jacques pedals in general haven't gotten much play here. I dig the Fat Burner, but I haven't ever seen one of the other ones in person.

6. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    They have a couple of pedals I would like to try out...the Tube Blower, and the Meistersinger chorus...maybe the Prisoner delay too...

but, I have started to delve into a little aggression aspect to my music...and from what I've read...the tube blower sounds like we could be friends...but I like to hear from folks that have first hand experience before I pull the trigger...

7. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    another aspect to this is that I need a OD box that will fit on my board...so it has to be a standard Boss/MXR size box...with the Jacques fits that bill nicely...

8. PM Jazz Ad, he touts the Jacques stuff on the boards all the time. he's tried one.

9. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Looks like your other options are TS9DX, Bad Monkey and Xotic Bass BB then!

10. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I remember having one for an afternoon; I ended up going with the MIAudio bluesboy deluxe. I was impressed w/the jacques and it kept every bit of the bottom end intact. For the price and overall sound, I thought it was one of the better ts clones that I tried on bass...a solid pedal.

11. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yep I did...He gave me some good info...I was just looking for additional perspectives...

12. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yep...The Xotic BB has been in my sites, but just wanted to hear about the tube blower.

13. For reference, here's a pic of my Jacques pedal.

[​IMG]

I'd like to try the Tube Blower some day...

14. head over to the ask a pro section, JMJ totes one. start a thread he is very informative.

15. the fuse blower has been redone since that one was made. theres now a lot more control.

his pedals interest me. analog delays, choruses and flangers. and REAL germanium treble boosters.

16. Yes - but the new ones offered are mass produced based on his designs. This one is one of the original hand built models - built by Jacques himself. :D I think you might still be able to order one of his handbuilt ones - though they are a little pricey.