Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JAF basses anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 5, 2003.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    they seem to be great looking bass.

[​IMG]

anyonr played one?

2. beefhaus2000

beefhaus2000

Sep 25, 2002
    New Jersey
    Mikgag builds them...He's pretty cool

3. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks buddy......:D :)

We've got a pile of orders on the go and a bunch already out there, unfortunately the people who are supposed to write reviews are taking forever.....:(

4. I intend to order one in the somewhat near future. They look great! Options I want for a 4-string include Eidas body style, Mahogany body with Cocobolo top, EMG Soapbars, EMG 3-band preamp, Pau Ferro fingerboard, and black hardware. Their standard necks are 5-piece Maple and Purpleheart.

5. and he eats fish
    :cool:

6. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002

mrcrow!!!!!:mad: :mad: :D :D

7. Here's the same bass finished:
    [​IMG]

8. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    I may be stopping off at the wood place today. I'll look out for the Cocobolo for you........

9. Awesome! Thanks!:) :cool:

10. Hand built in Nova Scotia, gotta like that! The ones I've seen are beautiful. Next time I'm in Halifax I'm going to Mikgag's to check it out....:D
    Mikgag, I'm L. Ron Hoover over at HCBF..... It's great to see that JAF is getting some exposure!

11. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002

*locks doors, turns off lights*:D

12. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    You're welcome:D

13. :cool:

Cocobolo's purdy.:)

14. Jeez, I crossed 600 miles of ice floes by dogsled and there's no one home....:D

15. bassmanatlarge

bassmanatlarge

Jan 30, 2003
    You can come by my place...I'll be home.

Are you here for the ECMAs?

16. Nah, unfortunately I'm up to my ears in engineering courses. It'll be the first award show I haven't worked since 1997. Kinda weird to not be involved.
    I will get over again sometime soon, hopefully.

17. bassmanatlarge

bassmanatlarge

Jan 30, 2003
    Well, the invite stands

18. mikgag , i really love the way your basses look, esspecially the " minuteman " bass, its gorgeus, how much would it run one a person for one of your minuteman basses roughly ?

19. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Send an email to the address on the Website. I don't like discussing numbers on the forum.

20. Oh man, that's one NICE looking bass. I'm drooling.