Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jag bass at Musician's Friend!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pennydreadful, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
  2. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    While I've never cared much for the Jag shape, that's an interesting bass.

Why wouldn't it be available in the US? I don't see anything to indicate that it's not. It looks like the "normal MF website to me. I was just wondering if I missed something. I also saw only a reference to it being New, and nothing about "discontinued". Maybe I need more coffee help open my eyes. I'll be right back........

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    COOL!:cool: :cool: I'm very interested! I went through and added it to my cart and checked out and everything worked fine. I didn't pull the trigger but I just wanted to see if it went through and it did.. I have to talk to the wife.. I like that bass!

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    It also said not shipping until 3/1/06!

5. Pennydreadful

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Oh...I guess that explains it.

K-Frog: Because it's a Fender Japan model. Search the forums and you'll find some threads about it.

edit: I see now that it'll let you check out and everything. The thing is, when I found it on there earlier this morning/last night (whenver it was...haha), it said it was a discontinued model. But the picture said 'New'. That, plus the fact that as far as I know this bass is/was only available in Japan, is what led to my confusion.

Anyway, I hope this is for real and it's coming over to the states. Save me the hassle and shipping costs.

6. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    old news.. but unfortunately not from fender Usa..
    stupid fender for not listening to their customers..

7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

They just became available in Japan and it was assumed they wouldn't be available over here. Evidently they will be, minus the Sunburst option.
    I really like the black one!

8. Pennydreadful

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    We know it's old knews that it's available in Japan, but this means we can (hopefully...probably?) get it domestically.

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Yep it will be available March 1st, I'm going to check with my local Fender dealer first to see if I can get it through them before I pull the trigger at MF.

10. Pennydreadful

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I might see if I can do something like that so I could try to haggle a bit. But right now I'm just pleased as crap to know I can get it without going through a Japanese dealer...that is, unless I wanted the sunburst one. ;)

11. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    are these MIJ or MIM?

12. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    MIJ

13. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

+1
    The word I hear is that it's a "2006 New Model to be announced at NAMM" kinda thing.

I also hear that this will be the same kind of deal:
    [​IMG]

Click here for more details.

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

Wow!!! Is that SHAAAWWWEEEEET!! That I take it is the new new Tony Franklin sig model?!! I likey!! It's good to see Fender putting out some new Idea's for old schoolers like myself.. I wouldn't mind having one of each!

15. TAKEUPARMS

TAKEUPARMS

Nov 9, 2005
    it looks a lot like the p bass special, i don't see any difference, can anyone explain the difference?

16. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Sunburst finish, ebony fingerboard, three-way pickup selector switch and...hmm...oh yeah IT'S FRETLESS!!!!!!!!

r

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Ya beat me to it,, lol

18. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    They listen from above.....

The jag bass was so my idea like a year and a half ago! the big block pbass with the humbucker was also my idea like 2 years ago!
    Fender should be paying me for this.

19. Pennydreadful

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Haha, same here. Ever since I learned about the Fender Bass VI when I was first starting out I thought, 'why don't they just make a damn four-string?'. Apparently lots of folks thought that. Now we have one.:D

20. macahan

macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden

me too.. i wonder when they are gonna make the jazzmaster bass and the telebass that actually look like a tele..
    They should hire me aswell..