Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rickbass, Jul 11, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

In my touring days, our vocalist had a contract rider that Jagermeister had to be available.

I gave up alcohol years ago but I recently played with some other bands who were swilling Jagermeister.

What's the big whoop??? Is it a special buzz like tequila. Bacardi 151, Mad Dog 20/20, or pulque....or just hype??? (They told me the "deer blood" ingredient was pure myth).

(I just stick to my Red Bull).
  2. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It gives you fresh breath, cures your cough, and gives you a buzz all at the same time! How can you beat that?:D

Actually, I can't touch the stuff, myself...
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's just your average German "Kräuterlikör" - spiced liquor(?).

They got popular due to some good marketing in the 70s. Why it's some kind of cult drink for American bands is pretty much beyond me.
    Maybe the design of the signet has something to do with it.

And yeah, the deer blood thing is a myth of course.
  4. I never drink the stuff, I think it's disgusting. It tastes like licorice and it's very sweet. Yuk!

Now... if you want to drink something that will get you screaming drunk when you don't have a lot of time on your hands, check out Escorial Greun. It's 112 proof, has a slightly minty taste and you can light it on fire in the glass and drink it down while it's aflame. You will not explode, but, it makes a very memorable impression on whoever watches you and your friends do this.

Not that I've ever done this. :rolleyes:

If you do drink this "rocket fuel," you'd better face the fact that your night out will soon be over. Mr. Vomit usually shows up shortly thereafter.

Those Talkbass members under the legal drinking age are not allowed to read this. :p

Mike J.

Public service announcment: Don't drink alcohol.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    our drummer drinks it all the time. i swear, he has the worst taste in alcohol - icehouse beer and jager. ick.

none of the other guys in the band will willingly touch the stuff. as for me - i'll just load up on guinness and redbull&vodkas.
  6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    It's the Devil's cough syrup, I tell you!

And know this, you can quote me:

"No night involving Jagermeister ever ended well."
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't drink...but I would just to do that. Course, the "cool" factor would be lost when I started hacking and choking and maybe throw up. :rolleyes
  8. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
  9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Not true! :D

I experienced many a Jagermeister evening that was just fine....

...and somewhere there are photographs to prove it! :eek:

When I was younger and much stoopider, it was the drink of choice in the bunch of whackos I partied with in Nawlins....nowadaze I'm such a lightweight, the smell of it makes me pass out. ;)
  10. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Liquid Cocaine - Bacardi 151, Jaegermeister, Stoli. Have fun!
  11. I can't recall if it was Jagermeister or Southern Comfort but I once heard one of them referred to as:

"Liquid panty remover."

I've rarely laughed so hard. ;)
  12. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I can't drink Jager either, although I used to be in a band where the g*&^%r player and drummer swilled it like it was going out of style! I'll just take a shot of Wild Turkey, thank you!
  13. rickbass

Do you want me to return the one I have, Gard???

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Now that was a good night...

Where'd you find that one...I remember a couple of tarpon, but not a barracuda....

15. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    That's friggin' gross man! Jager, stoli, and 151? Have fun my ass. Kind of like a gorilla fart-151 + Turkey. Blachch!:D
  16. rickbass

You left it on the tour bus with this -

17. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Back in my drinkin days, my slug of choice was the Oil Slick: 3 parts Rumpleminze (it's basically hi-proof peppermint schnapps) and 2 parts Jagermeister in a shot glass. The Jager floats on top. It tastes exactly like Scope and Robotussin, but after 3 or 4 of them, you become astonishingly good looking.

Helpful hint: Jagermeister at room temperature is repulsive. Served ice cold, it's great.

18. No sir, I don't like it.

When I drink hard stuff it is either Absolut (citron or mandarin), Bacardi (spiced rum, yummy), or my good buddies Jim Beam and Jack Daniels.
  19. I used to dirnk it...until the night I had two and a half bottles of it..in 3 hours. I puked my guts out and I can't stand the stuff since that. Nowdays I drink straight vodka, preferrably siberian, or laphroaig single malt (not the "original cask strenght")...or beer.
  20. Can't say I've ever heard of Jagerwhatever! Although a lot of my favourite poisons have been mentioned - Jack Daniel's, Jim Beam and best of all Wild Turkey (Southern Comfort ain't too shabby either!)

Of course my taste of late has moved onto single malts of the Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich and Isle of Jura varieties - they're just lovely!

In my younger days, my friends and I would partake fo MD 20/20. The ultimate has to be Pink Grapefruit - it was like liquid candy floss!