1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jags and 'dynes.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Depth_Charge, Jun 9, 2007.

1. I made a new friend at work. We've chatted in the past, but nothing too matey.

He plays in a soul/funk outfit and asked a store I frequent to get a Fender Aerodyne in for him to just try out.

"Sorry, can't do that", they tell him. He tells me the story. I say thats BS and call my contact at the same store.

Net result of said chat? One black Aerodyne on it's way for him to try with a view to buy, and one red Jaguar Fender on it's way for me to try, with a view to buy. Oh, and slash almost 800AUD off the RRP too :D

Apparantly there are non in stock at Fender, so will take some 3 months to get out here.

I don't know if that means Fender are actually having to make them up for us, but I don't care.

They are on their way and reserved under my account and I'm getting my Jaguar finally!!! Woohoo!!! Roll on 3 months!

I thought that was worth a post in Basses.

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I think you could have ordered one directly from Japan, gotten it sooner and had more color options. There's info on doing that here if you search JAG and JAGUAR...

3. But I want red on red. I need the time to save up the cash anyway :D

And searching sux for non-contrib members.

And I thought the Jags were only made or customised in Japan. I didn't know they were MIA. This one is going to set me back 1280AUD retail, doesn't sound MIA at all to me (I paid fricken 2700AUD for my MIA TF Fretless P).

4. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    They aren't MIA, but Fender (at present) only imports the red and black ones...

5. And here was i coming into this thread hoping for an aerodyne jag.

Also, $1280 sounds most definately like a japan price, thats how much i got my jag(guitar though) for.

6. Sorry grommit no...just a story of a man, his friend at work, and 2 Fenders on their way to us to play with and take home.

Woohoo.

Oh yeah and I decided to sell my J&D 5 string as well to help pay for it, I can't play it with the smaller string spacing anyway, and 4 has always done me...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021