Jaguar baritone custom (bass VI) vs Ibanez src6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EitherOr, Jul 14, 2017.

1. EitherOr

EitherOr

Jul 14, 2017
    I currently have a jaguar baritone custom (28" scale bass VI-ish). Have had this since theu originally came out in the early 2000s. Have been reading /youtubing about 30"scale options a the 28" of this bass and differences in sound and playability.

How does the Ibanez Src6 compare in sound and build quality? The EQ and 30" scale are appealing, but I am not familiar with ibanez quality vs Japanese fenders.

2. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    The SRC6 is part of the Ibanez Bass Workshop series. These are being made here in Indonesia. Although it's not as high standard as the Japanese Prestige series or the Indonesian Premium series, but still the Bass Workshop series have a top notch build quality. I own 5 of them, including the SRC6.

Sound wise, if you care to read some of the SRC6 reviews, here on TB or on other online forums, you'll notice that most of them are praises. Minor complaint is mostly concerning the low E string which should be made in heavier gauge.

3. EitherOr

EitherOr

Jul 14, 2017
    I have tried a few of the ibanez 4 string basses in the store and they definitely feel well made for the price point.

The jaguar has similar E string problems (I think they both use the same gauge of E string).

I also ordered some flats for the jaguar (my preference on regular basses and guitar) to see if it improves things.

4. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Same here, I also ordered flatwound strings which have thicker gauges from BSO and I've received them sometime this week, but I just haven't had time to install them.