1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jaguar Bass mods!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bassmonster1984, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Bassmonster1984

Bassmonster1984

Sep 25, 2013
    Salutations all!
    A little about myself... My name is Ryan and I've been playing for about 12 years. That's that.

Now for the fun part. I have a Jaguar Bass with the whole active preamp and all the do-dads including the battery. Oh the battery... I have already basically rewired the whole thing after a crackling, hiss sound with better wire and better soldering. But now the battery has really bugged me too much.

I have a SD quarter pound jazz set waiting for me and a jaguar bass taken apart.

I am looking for some suggestions as to what I should do to rewire this in an AWESOME manner. Keeping in mind, if I can use all the switches and pot spots. Not necessarily the pots themselves. I will make them whatever I can.

What is there already:
    -Volume and Tone
    -3 switches for on/off for both pickups and an active passive switch
    -An on/off for a midrange volume and sweep.

The things I want to have are:
    -volume and tone (obviously)
    -Blend and/or on/off switches for pickups.
    -Master cutoff
    -series/parallel switch.

So even if I use a volume, tone, cutoff switch and pickup o/i, and a series switch... I still have 2 pots to fill.

So. Have at 'er!

I'm not married to this plan because it effectively renders 2 pots useless and dummy. I know there's some people in here that have some ideas or a whole new route. So please give me any and all that you can.

My other idea was a switchable "tone circuit" with a different volume and tone with a different cap.

This would be probably 500k and a .47f for the regular circuit with the alternate being 1k pots with a 1meg cap.

There will be a treble bleed as well. Just cause I can.

Thanks everyone for your ideas and help. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Ryan

2. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    All I know is I took the Actives out of my mij JAG. Hated it, hated the battery compartment.
    Sounded good with flats.