1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jaguar Bass New Price (I just got 1)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bluewine, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Picked up a Red Jaguar last Thursday new for $549.00. They use to retail at $940.00

I got the Red because I am a fan of matching Fender painted head stock. it my 1st bass with active pu. It's a noisy design, just slap the battery casing and it will eventually stop, no big deal.

I will use it in my rotation;

MIJ RI 51 P Bass
    MIJ RI 54 P Bass
    Hofner Club
    Gibson Thunderbird
    Dan Electro Long Horn

2. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    Great job.
    I 've had one for quite a while and it's a great bass . I like it alot better than the Geddy I had.
    You can quiet them down easily.
    There's many a thread on that subject.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You can actually get these at Musician's Friend this month for $480, although they just sold out of the red ones. They're priced at $599, and for October there's a 20% off call in code.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    This should be a reminder of just how meaningful the "Retail" price of ANYTHING new is.

5. jwsamuel

jwsamuel

Apr 26, 2004
    The white Jag I ordered from MF just arrived. Got it for $479.99. After reading some of the messages here, I was worried it might be a Made in Mexico, but it was made in Japan. It feels great. I have not even plugged it in yet.

Jim

6. Prime BASS

Prime BASS

Oct 15, 2009
    couldn't link me could you, I know I'm lazy

By the way I paid a nice round £650 which is maybe over 1000 of your american dollers.

but they usually go for around 750, so wasn't too bad for the U of K

7. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    I bought mine about 3 months after they came out for $700...love it.

8. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Cool, I guess I have to be happy with my 549.00 deal for Red. I had a ender Ardyne Jazz(The Black One) I had to get rid of it.It says MIJ, but for those of you that have one, that neck feels like a MIM baseball bat. i did not dig it at all.

The Jag neck feels slim and tight, really nice action.I never used active PUs before, but you can get some interesting punch when it's on.

Thanks for all the comments,I think I'm good for gear right now,I run all my basses through a new GK 1001rb (and an assortment of GK RBX cabs) and I have mb-500 I use at rehearsals and for back up ( by the way guys, if you have an MB-500, you know they fit perfect into any Lap top bag with room for prdals and cords.)

9. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    What causes the noise is a bad ground connection between the shielding on the back side of the pickguard and the shielding paint in the control cavity.
    Just use a small piece of copper to ensure that the two shieldings make contact.

10. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI

HMMMM, I just smack the back of the battery casing, that stops all the noise/

11. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    $480!!! I have been GASing for a sunburst jag!!!

12. $479.00 was just TOO tempting. I just ordered mine in Olympic White. I would have gone red for the matching headstock, but I am sick to death of red basses and guitars. I'll refin the headstock to match the Olym. White and put a new decal on there. Crazy low price.

13. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Yeah Fender offered this as a deal to allot of dealers. What do you think the stores have into a 479.00 retail price.250.00?

14. That's hard to imagine for a finely crafted Japanese bass, active electronics, blocked and bound neck, etc. I've heard discontinue rumors surrounding this model, maybe they're clearing them out for the Jag II or something.

15. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Considering how successful they seem to be, I'd bet against discontinue. This is probably the most successful non-Pbass/non-Jbass Fender has had in maybe forever.

16. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    LOL, I thought that was really funny...

Cool bass though!

17. Bobby B

Bobby B

Jul 24, 2009
    Dallas, Tx
    How do those sound? They look nice. I had an old 6 string in the late 70's and didn't think much of it.

18. gaffster787

gaffster787

Aug 22, 2009
    FLORIDA
    i just got mine delivered today. sounds alot like my 95 mij jazz when in passive mode, but when active..lots more power and punch. such a variety of sounds from total twang to double bass deep. the neck is similar to a t-bird, which i love.

19. EighthNotes

EighthNotes

Feb 12, 2007
    I love mine, but I don't think it sounds at all like the Geddy when in Passive mode even though its the same pups in the same position. I plan on having mine rewired as Volume-Volume and taking out the pup on/off switiches and see if that eliminates some resistance and give it more that Geddy twang.

20. Bobby B

Bobby B

Jul 24, 2009
    Dallas, Tx
    Last night I went up to GC and played around on one. Really nice tone. They had the old price on it of $859 or something. I slept on it and this morning I went to the local independent store I frequent and the red Jag was still on the wall with it's $940 tag. I've picked it up and played it a couple of times in the past before, but never plugged it in. Talked to the owner about the MF deal and told him I'd give him a shot at it, but understood if he couldn't do it.

Walked out with the bass, a gator case ($99 at Amazon), a strap ($49 at MF), Fender Straplock ($15 at MF) for $685. That's $40 more than it would have cost me online, but....

I have it today.
    It's not some bass I haven't ever tried out, I know it plays nice.
    A local independent got my money, not a conglomerate (may not mean much to some, it does to me).
    No worries about Mexico or anything like that, it's a low SN CIJ model.

4038351386_fcc4a26cd1_b.

4038351366_6e18d40277_b.

:hyper::hyper::hyper: