1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaguar bass pt.2-identification

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Hello everybody, well, to continue the jag bass thread, I posted some pics of mine. I actually am putting my pics up if anybody can identify it. I don't expect to hear, "wow this bass is worth a thousand dollars!" i'm not to interested in value as much as I am interested in who made it! the only things I can add is that there is a sticker that has the serial number on it and there is a small plate screwed in that says made in Japan. I really like this one, I got it free at a guitar store, and I put in tuners(I got it w/o tuners) I assume that it had fender style tuners before. thats the only modification i made since having it, along with repainting the head (trust me, it needed it, there were chunks taken out everywhere!) and when i got it, there was no name on the head, because as previously stated, there were chunks out all over the place. I like this bass, I want to fix the electronics, like get new pickups, but i don't know how i'd do that considering how they made these pickups.
    well, best of luck to anyone who knows!
    Thanks,
    Charlie
    p.s. sorry the pics are a little grainy, but my digital camera is awful.

2. Charlie, it looks like an Epiphone copy to me. Late 60's early 70's but that's just a guess!

You might beable to see some dates or names on the guts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Is it shortscale?

4. absolutely

Charlie