1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaguar bass to Jazz bass electronics mod?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HAdam, Jan 20, 2017.

1. HAdam

HAdam

Jun 24, 2016
    Long Island, NY
    I've got a 2000's era CIJ Fender Jaguar bass. I like it but one thing that irks me is not having separate volume controls for each pickup, only an on/off switch. I was just thinking the other day, what if I replaced the volume and tone pots with the 60s stacked jazz bass pots/knobs so I had control over each pickup volume? Would this be possible, and if so, how complicated? I have attached the wiring diagram and an image of the bass below for reference. Thanks in advance! jaguar_wiring. Fender_Jaguar_Bass_2008_Hot_Rod_Red_use_qe29pa. Fender_Jaguar_Bass_2008_Hot_Rod_Red_use_qe29pa.

2. It should work, but you would have to eliminate, or at least relocate where the pickup switches lie in the chain. I remember the first time I checked out one of these in 2006 I thought the same thing. I recently bought one and have had no issue with this concern.