1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaguar Bass VI

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by deffdrummer, May 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. deffdrummer

deffdrummer

May 12, 2017
    This is my first post after lurking for months if not years at this forum. Like a lot before me Im planning on making a budget Bass VI. I've been over the threads you guys have and while it's a Lot on wisdom and info I just wanted to be sure i got my recipe right

I plan on buying an Ibanez talman short scale bass. And while keeping the p Bass pickup I'm.planning on getting a Squier jaguar guitar pickups to fill the neck and bridge positions. I'm also going for a hardtail rather than a jag bridge.
    Im hoping to get a loaded jaguar pickguard so I can get a hold of the necessary switches and pots.
    I don't foresee any big problems aside from the wiring.
    This way I'm investing $300 give or take.
    I'm I missing something?
    Any input is welcome.
    Greetings from the Caribbean!

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    Why not just get a Jag bass and modify it? I think you'd save some money doing that.

3. deffdrummer

deffdrummer

May 12, 2017
    If u mean shortie scale jaguar Bass, the Ibanez is less expensive

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
  5. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    How see you going to add strings to the Talman to make it a VI?

6. deffdrummer

deffdrummer

May 12, 2017
    Talman shortie is less expensive than the Jag, looks good, and the neck is wider at the nut area. Better suited for chording or partial chords.
    New nut must be filed. I'm fine with that.
    I know pickup poles will be a little of but after seeing ttng bassist, I know it will work.
    Henry is the bassist of TTNG and he is the best example I can give of what I wanna do.

7. deffdrummer

deffdrummer

May 12, 2017
    arctt1.

twocargar likes this.