1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaguar Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Louden Lowe, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Has anyone ever seen a Jaguar neck on Ebay (besides the ones connected to a Jaguar body)? I've been looking for the past month or so and haven't seen a one. I'm also wondering if a MIJ neck would be a proper fit on an MIM P body.

2. Bump

3. DrPepper09

DrPepper09

Jan 22, 2009
    Denton, TX
    its hard to find jaguars on ebay period, much less stripped jags.

What you can do is buy a custom neck to look like the jag neck off warmoth and just buy a fender sticker and get it pasted on there.

4. Aren't Jag necks J necks?

5. DrPepper09

DrPepper09

Jan 22, 2009
    Denton, TX
    couple of things. the pearloid blocks and on the hot rod red the matching headstock. I don't think you can get those on any typical jazz

6. Check reliablefender on ebay. Bought alot of stuff from him and I've always been happy. He parts out a ton of Fenders. Lately he's been parting out the new Charvels. Sooner or later he has to part out a Jaguar bass.

7. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Fender website says:
    Jaguar
    1-Piece Maple, Thin “C” Shape,
    (Gloss Urethane Finish)

US Jazz
    Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
    (Satin Urethane Finish)

Standard 70's Jazz
    Maple, ‘70s “C” Shape,
    (Gloss Urethane Finish)

Standard 60's Jazz:
    Maple, “C” Shape,
    (Gloss Urethane Finish)

The only other bass that I can find that has the "thin C" description is the Geddy Lee:
    1-Piece Maple, Thin “C” Shape,
    (Gloss Urethane Finish)
    but obviously, it's different so I believe that the Jag's neck is particular to it.

8. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    MIJ J necks are generally said to be compatible with MIM and MIA pockets. It's my understanding this is usually true, though I've heard some people say they've had trouble. Fender should probably be able to tell you if the Jag neck pocket is supposed to be the same as an MIM or MIA pocket, but even if so, sounds like there have been issues. If you were trying to fit a Jag neck to a raw body, you could make any adjustments risk-free because there'd be no finish to hurt in the process. Otherwise, that kind of thing can get dicey and require touchups.