1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jaguar owners...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jluckie3, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Jluckie3

Jluckie3

Mar 14, 2008
    endorsing artist Lakland basses
    Has anyone out there slapped a set of flats on their jaguar bass? how does it sound?

2. jefkebass

jefkebass

Dec 29, 2007
    Leuven, Belgium
    I have chromes on my jag, and with the switch in series, it delivers a nice P-like tone. But I'm thinking about putting rounds on it again. Or get a new jazz bass with rounds, whatever comes quicker :)

3. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    To me, the Jaguar is calling out for rounds! Just doesn't seem the type of bass that should have flats on it.....but that's just me.:smug:

4. I put the Thomas Silk TI Flatwounds on my Jag and I like them. I like them a lot, not having had flat's before I am digin them.

5. i must agre with garylc, the jag doesnt seem to be a flatwound kind of instrument, i love flats but im not sure i would put them on a jag, but hey bthats just my opinion