1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jaguar Pickup Replacements

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by daddycal, Aug 30, 2008.

1. daddycal

daddycal

Apr 3, 2007
    Endorsing Artist: Eden Electronics, Music Man Basses
    I've looked and not found exactly what I wanted to read about this. I would like to know what pickups you have in your Jag and what the difference is to you over the stock pickups. if you have sound clips, I would love that.

Thanks for all the input!

2. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    I have never heard of anyone doing Jaguar Bass replacements. Maybe Bartolini?

EDIT = Jaguar pups are the same as Jazz pups! Therefore any combination under the sun is possible!

3. daddycal

daddycal

Apr 3, 2007
    Endorsing Artist: Eden Electronics, Music Man Basses
    I understand that. I'm wanting to know what upgrade pickups people have put in their bass. i.e. Seymour Duncan, Fralin, Bartolini, etc.

4. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    It's funny; I was just about to start an identical thread. Does anyone know how SD 1/4lbs sound in a Jag?

I like the stock pickups (great grindy tone), but am starting to prefer more of a round, mellower "McCartney Abbey Road era Rickenbacker" tone. I used to have some SD's in my P-Bass and they really brought it to life.

Thoughts?