1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jaguar shielding project

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by maxoges, Mar 29, 2015.

1. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Did some shielding to get rid of the enormous hum! I tried with conductive paint first, but I wasn't happy with the results, so I shielded every cavity with copperfoil.
    Now the bass is dead silent! :)
    jag1.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Glad to hear you got it silent. I recently acquired one of these... what a pain to shield! I spend considerably more time removing and re-connecting the electronics than I did shielding it. Although, I used paint so shielding did not take very long. The routes between cavities was large enough the paint made contact all the way through, thankfully, I only had to connect the bridge pickup cavity (aside from the main cavity.)

maxoges likes this.
  3. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Since Fender already shielded all the cavities with conductive paint from the factory, all you have to do is connect everything. I tried that first, but wasn't satisfied. Now its conductive paint and copper ontop of it :)