1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jake Shimabukuru on Conan

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vince S., Feb 21, 2008.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003

I've never seen anybody play ukulele like that. Amazing.

2. Yeah I saw that while I was flipping and actually watched it now I want to buy one...That ****er.

How are those tuned anyways?

3. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    conan said it perfectly....utterly amazing performance.

4. Hmmm... Got it on the DVR, going to watch it when I get home now. Conan always seems to have pretty good bands on. At least ones that I like. That and I have been a big Conan fan for a long time.

5. Not to mention that he is actually funny. His interviews are funny, and so is all of his improv.

lowsound

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    conan gets good musical guests, btu i think as far as comedy is concerned, CBS definitely has the late night upper hand right now. every conan episode is the same, whiel craig ferguson is hilarious(but dosnt get as good of guests), and letterman is one of the funniest people on tv in my opinion.

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I love Conan! best show on latenight!

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    He got on the show?? that is awesome

9. Every Conan episode is the same? You obviously didn't watch him during the strike, he was the only one worth laughing at. Some of the stuff he does is just brilliant, and they are HARDLY the same. If anything Letterman is the same from night to night, I mean how many times can you do a top ten list? I also don't find him funny. Conan can improv, I haven't seen any other late night guy improv like he can.

lowsound

10. ive seen that cat on youtube before, he's awesome, and i love his rendition of the song.

11. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    This guy is not that new. Glad he's on Conan. My heart will go on would be better though.
    Great performance as always.
    He opens for Wooten sometimes. (well bela fleck)

12. centralharbor

centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    hawaii
    Woooo, a dude from Hawaii! You guys should buy the album that song is on. I have it and pretty much all the songs on the album are of that caliber. JFYI, he's been around for a while and he mostly got famous in Hawaii for playing really fast and wild. This album was certainly a departure from that. His brother's not bad either.

13. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Conan's huge, btw.