1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jakob Dylan and Amos Lee

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ErikP.Bass, Jul 14, 2008.

1. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Jakob Dylan - Seeing Things
    Amos Lee - Last Days At the Lodge

I just picked up these two new albums and have given them both a full, uninterrupted listen. Anybody else heard these albums...thoughts? I am really enjoying them both.

I think Jakob Dylan's voice really shines on the Seeing Things. The album overall is quite dark and reflective. I really love the harmonies on "Everybody Pays As They Go".

The Amos Lee album I think will take a bit of getting used to as it is a bit of a departure from his first two, IMO. Pino Palladino's muted tone on "Truth" is awesome. It is a new take on one of my favorites by Amos.

2. kmanley_29649

kmanley_29649

Jan 25, 2008
    Taylors SC
    I love the Jakob Dylan album. I heard it in Barnes and Noble over the system, and I bought it that night.

I haven't heard the other.

3. Amos Lee is unbelievable. I've been hearing more of him lately and had heard "Arms of A Woman" back when it was released.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, and I see him on Live at Abbey Road on the Sundance channel (which, by the way, is a very cool show to watch). I dug his performance so I bought tickets to see him when he came to Orange County. He put on an amazing show, so good, in fact, I am driving up to LA tonight to see him again. He has a great band on tour with him. Bass player was rocking a 70's jazz, and the keys were exactly what I think of when I think of great keys (lots of organ riffs and Rhodes piano stuff).

So, Last Days at the Lodge, an awesome record by a really unique and great performer.
    It says alot that he has such a great band backing him on the record. This cat is for real.

4. I think Amos is one of the most talented songwriters and performers of our time.

MLM

5. +1 He's right up there with Ben Harper, Jeff Tweedy, Sheryl Crow IMO. Of course, ymmv, as those happen to be some of my favorite songwriters.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021