1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jalepeno on a stick........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Dec 8, 2011.

Jalapeno on a stick

Poll closed Dec 12, 2011.
  1. Sounds tasty

64.3%
  2. sounds nasty

14.3%
  3. carrot on a stick

21.4%
  1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    not raw, not pickled, but roasted till outer skin starts to peel and blacken, cleaned off and dipped in a semi sweet choclate and cooled till cholate hardens. I was thinking dark cholate would work good too. This is not my idea and it may have already been done. Someone mentioned this on kfan sports radio and the two flavors sounded good together.

2. Hi.

Sounds delicious.

Unfortunately our jalapenós didn't quite grow, otherwise I would've tried that for sure.

Regards
    Sam

3. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

I thought it sounded tasty too, but I thought twice about the dark choclate and think a semi or sweeter choclate would taste better. The dark and jalepeno together being to "bitter" tasting.

4. Jeff Dunham fan?

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I like mixing the tastes of chocolate and chiles. But if I was dipping a roasted jalapeno in chocolate, I'd probably scoop out the seeds and fill it with cream cheese or something similar first.

6. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

Actually I first titled the thread Jeff Dunham jalapeno on a steek, but did not feel it was not nessesary. But if it was a thread on Achmed the dead terrorist I would have left Jeffs name.

7. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

that sounds good.

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    polls_jose_jalapeno_puppet_of_jeff_dunham_5141_162625_answer_3_xlarge.

9. Ah.
    I KEEL YOU!!!
    (Big JD fan myself. He's one of those very rare entertainers - a ventriloquist who's actually funny)

10. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

+1 :)

11. Sounds good, but that would be VERY spicy, as it would release all of the juices from the seeds, making it way hotter than a normal jalapeno.

lowsound

12. If I hadn't read your OP, I'd have blindly selected nasty. But as chocolate is involved, it'd be pretty good. Jalapenos work well with sweet stuff, IMHO.

13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I second seeded and stuffed.

Stuffed with bacon and dipped in a thick coating of dark chocolate.

14. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I plucked our mammoth jalapenos in October, filled them with cream cheese and herbs, then breaded and deep fried them. Yum!

15. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like a horrible comedian, if you ask me.

That sounds awesome!

16. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I only tend to find him funny when he's using his puppets. When he opens up with his own jokes I dont find him so funny, though I know he's setting up jokes for his friends. Watch him closely though, you'll see his mouth move!

17. Well, you may be too young to remember but one of the biggest ever ventriloquists of the twentieth century was Edgar Bergen (Candace's dad) and his primary fame came from being a ventrillo ... on radio! Mostly because he was really bad with the lip movements. JD ain't nearly a quarter as bad as Bergen was.

18. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yeah, Id be too young to remember that. How can one be a ventilloquist on the radio? That doesnt seem to make much sense. I can overlook the little lip movements Dunham makes, I think probably because his characters are so animated!

19. Silaxian

Silaxian

Dec 16, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh man, that sounds really good!

20. ....on a steek.