Jam along CD

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Rick Martin, Jan 18, 2001.

1. I just got the second Jam Along CD for Bass from "Joe the Guitarman" as advertised on eBay. These are recordings of a blues band without a bass. The liner notes show the chords for each song. It's up to the bass player to write his own part. This is fun stuff for a student like me. Is there anybody out there playing with these CD's? I'd like to compare notes, so to speak and see what other bassists are doing to these songs.
  2. I'm already hip to the Aebersold stuff, but I'm talking here specifically about the Joe the Guitarman CD's.
  3. boxernyc

Nov 14, 2000
    New York, NY
    I just bought a Korg Pandora. It can cancel out the bass line to a CD or other play running through it's auxiliary input, which means that you can listen to any CD without the bass line. It works fairly well...you still hear a faint bass line and it muffles the entire sound, but you might find it usefull for practice. It's also a great little machine for practice at home.
  4. I've had the Pandora for a few months now and I believe it's an indespensible tool for any student. I sure have learned a lot playing along with the drum rythmns. I use the drum machine function, the tuner and the headphone function every day. Best $200 I've ever spent.