1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jam band friendly venues in NH?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jmassie, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Jmassie

Jmassie

Jan 7, 2008
    My band cannot find any venues. Aside from house shows which can only be done so often. Does anyone know Jam band friendly venues? Influenced by ARU, Phish and Allmans. Funky bluesy and jazz influence.

We have a Decent sized set list, and our jams Are not spacey and noodles over a 12 bar blues, we put hours of practice with improvisation to avoid that. ( We had actually done a house show with a band like this. ever hear a 12 minute solo made with a repeating Pentatonic scale? Sad day for the genre of jam bands

Revival
    Statesboro blues
    Franklins tower
    Boogie on reggae woman
    Johnny B. good
    Knockin' on heavens door
    Ohio
    Dust my broom
    Melissa
    While my guitar gently weeps
    Mr Charlie

Several others I'll list if asked.

and 5 originals.

Any of you guys in NH/MA need an opening band?

Thanks for any and all help

-Jmassie

2. Jmassie

Jmassie

Jan 7, 2008
    Bump.

3. kennydakid

kennydakid

Jan 8, 2009
    Amesbury, MA
    how old are you guys? I know that there are a few bands in this genra in Northern Massachusetts. Check out Soul Robot and Maganahans Revival. They both play Uncle Eddies at Salisbury Beach and The Grog in Newburyport. Also this band Ol' Brown Shoe plays The Grog in Newburyport and the Pickled Onion in Beverly.

My band is always looking for bands to get on a bill with. If you want to book a show together I may check to see what I can do with Uncle Eddies. (I play Drums) www.myspace.com/drivetheoryband

It is a Biker bar in the summer but the guy who runs the place is open to all kinds of music.

www.myspace.com/uncleeddies
    www.thegrog.com

Keep in touch and let me know how you do with that.

4. check out the Sad Cafe in Plaistow, NH. really great place, I think they have shows for jam bands or something similar.

www.thesadcafe.com

shoot them an email with a link to your music, the owner's name is Linda and she's an amazing woman.

Also, there's probably more than a few jam band friendly venues around vermont.

5. kennydakid

kennydakid

Jan 8, 2009
    Amesbury, MA
    Sad cafe is a good place and it is all ages so if 18+ or 21+ doesn't work I'd suggest checking them out...
    All the places I mentioned earlier are 21+

6. Jmassie

Jmassie

Jan 7, 2008
    Were all 17-18. Sad cafe does jam shows? Ill have to check it out, thanks for any and all help.

And I'll try and get you a recording If you would actually like to book a show together ( unless the age would be a problem which i assume it would)

Ill check out drive theory now!

7. kennydakid

kennydakid

Jan 8, 2009
    Amesbury, MA
    We're working on trying to open up to an All Ages Audience. Maybe we can work something out, until then check out the Sad Cafe (they will put any kind of music on) and look for local festival shows (Newburyport is always looking for downtown entertainers for Yankee Homecoming). Also look at all the local high schools to see if you can use their gymnasium for a show, or local city halls. When I was in high school (this makes me feel old and I am only 24) my friends' bands would rent out Newburyport's city hall's auditorium and put on their own show...

Look into it, and good luck

8. Jmassie

Jmassie

Jan 7, 2008
    Drive theory sounds Awsome man. Very very groovy. And I just set in an application for a sad cafe booking.

9. kennydakid

kennydakid

Jan 8, 2009
    Amesbury, MA
    cool, good luck with the sad cafe. I have never played there but I've gone there before to check out some of my friends play (god, almost 10 years ago). Thanks for the compliment on the band. I play drums in this band, I am actually new to the bass. I just started playing a few months ago.

Again good luck with the sad cafe.

10. yeah, Linda at the sad cafe will give you a chance, she's a sweetheart. it's one of our favorite places to play.

11. FusionBlue

FusionBlue

Apr 20, 2009
    Hey Guys,

Im part of "Soul Robot". I am currently looking to fill opening slots at the grog in newburyport. Post or e-mail links to your audio and ill check it out.

12. kennydakid

kennydakid

Jan 8, 2009
    Amesbury, MA
    Hey whats up, its the Drummer for Drive Theory here (Kenny). I just got your message on myspace. Send me a message back with the dates available. We can definately do dates in June and onwards, and we might be able to do dates in May.

I'll talk to you later.

/ Thread Hijack over

but yeah so if you are over 21 and looking for a jam friendly venue The Grog is a good place, and Soul Robot is a great band live (Seen you guys at Uncle Eddies)

13. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    There is a music festival in Harmony Maine called (I think) the Harmony Freedom Festival. My band played it last year the first week of October. It was a bit cold, but great big outdoor stage/sound system, and the hippy kids were real receptive (even though we're a pop band). Most bands were jam bands, though, so you'd go over real well!

http://www.mainevocals.net/