1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jamerson in a box?!?!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Smoove-Groove, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Interesting. Someone reverse-engineered that bad boy. I wonder how accurate the components and sound are. That is quite the steep price.

If the funk really is in the gunk, maybe we should just eat fried chicken and play our flats with greasy hands for a few months, and find a more affordable yet comparable pre-amp. Save a lot of money in the process.

2. The link I gave might be showing the Canadian dollar amount.

3. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

There's a Long thread about this DI and whether it is an accurate reproduction or not.

EDIT: My mistake. I thought this post was about the original Acme Motown DI.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Is that like Prince Albert in a can?

5. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    I thought the original one was recreated by Acme, who got the design from an engineer (Wolf something or another).

6. lfmn16

lfmn16 Suspended Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    $1,740 to still not sound like Jameson? I'll pass. ;)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021