Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

James Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Just wondering if anyone has played these or bought one? i saw them in the back of bass player magazine and checked out the website, they look pretty cool

www.jamesbasses.com

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Sorry to tell you, but your links and images aren't working.

3. they were working when i posted it..i only just looked at the site...must be undergoing maintenance or something

4. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Haven't played one but I've met the builder; great guy and seems to know his stuff.

5. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Man...I really dig that Genesis model. An all maple one with an EMG DC in the P position...18 volts...Rock machine!
    -Bazz-

6. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    [​IMG]

tasty!! i really like that model!!! :smug:

7. Yeah i like those edens...his 4-strings are $1,295....

id like the eden with ebony topped wings on walnut with an ebony fretboard...mmmmmmmm..then add the Bartolini Jazz style pickups and Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp with gold hardware.....wheres the drool emoticon?

8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    +1. Except fretted. Also, I don't like the squared off fingerboard that most custom bass Luthiers seem to use. I prefer the rounded style ala Fender. But still, I could live with this bass ;) :D

9. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Hmm... the price is right. I'm digging the trinity, put some dual CSs in there... mmm...

10. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I liked them until I saw this Jem of a 40 dollar option
    [​IMG]

11. hey timmyb, if you get the chance to play one can you let us know?...
    im rather interested...im just waiting to get an email back concerning one of the edens with an ebony top and bart's

12. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ive seen a very similar bass hanging on the wall of my local music shop. Is this an Australian Luthier by any chance, because the brand name rings a bell.

13. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i bet the 6 string kicks butt!

;)

f

14. woooo, greg's working on designing me a single cut version of the eden with bartolini pickups and electronics, gold hardware, walnut body with massacar ebony topped wings, pao ferro fingerboard.....where's the drool emoticon

comic book guy - "damn, there is no emoticon for what i am feeling right now"

15. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    That dove is really lame, it would be less lame if the bass was actually semi-hollow.

16. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Yes I would like to spend 40 dollars to have vibrating mass removed from my instrument. I don't like sustain and clarity.

17. single cut eden, bartolini pickups and electronics, gold hardware, walnut body with massacar ebony topped wings, pao ferro fingerboard, Pau Ferro / Walnut / Pau Ferro neck through
    [​IMG]
    Thats massacar ebony, very nice, black with cream stripes
    [​IMG]
    Pau Ferro
    [​IMG]
    walnut...very nice color scheme :D

18. downboy

downboy

Jun 20, 2004
    North Idaho
    A guy at my church has one. It looks like the Trinity model. Sounds great... very versatile. Plays nice and sustains forever. I kinda like the dove thing, and doubt it would affect the sound... at least considering the sustain and nice body weight of the one I played.

19. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    6 string?

f