1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

James Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sebek-Ra89, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Sebek-Ra89

Sebek-Ra89

Sep 8, 2010
    Seattle
    I am currently looking into getting a custom bass built for me and I have run across James Basses and I was curious if anyone around here has any experience with them and if the basses are worth the money. If anyone knows of any builders they would recommend besides Warmoth it would also be appreciated.

2. If you are into Fender-based instruments, you can do a lot worse than Dan Atkinson. His Retro series is more like a traditional Fender and can be made pretty much however you like for under a grand, and his Evoke series is more boutique with less Fender-like options for around $1,100. I've got a P Bass he made and it's pretty top-notch.

www.atkinsonbasses.com

3. mrluck26

mrluck26

Aug 5, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    I own the Resurrection pictured on his website and I love it. Greg Lambas is the one who mad it for me. I am not sure he is still making bases, you may want to call him. If there are any questions I can answer for you I would be happy to help in that area.

4. yogadork

yogadork

Mar 26, 2008
    I own a James short scale 6 string. Great bass. Greg is easy to work with and if you like his designs go with it, I doubt you will be dissapointed. Very organic understated and elegant. Players bass for sure.