Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

James Demeter designed Eden head?!?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Aug 11, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  2. Yes Demeter did the Pre-Amp Design for that one.

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I got to play a couple of those old Edens and IMO the sound (tone) was leaps and bounds above what they're producing today.

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I had an Eden vt .40 and gigged with it for several years. Great amp, very dependable. According to the October '92 issue of Bass Player, in which the head is reviewed, not only was the circuitry designed while 'working closely with James Demeter, a well respected West Coast amp man', but the compressor was designed by dbx...

This is the amp that I let get away. I traded it to my old guitar player and often regret that day. I still play through it occasionally on jams, and while I could always get a good sound through it, I find that it mostly excels at a certain 'Old School' vibe... Not that that is bad, just at the time I traded it, I was going for a more modern vibe. I've tried numerous times to buy it back off the guy, but so far, no go :(

-robert

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Saw one of those for sale the other day at Guitar Center Austin. I was wondering about it...first time I'd ever seen one. If anyone wants it though it's there. Can't remember how much...

brad cook

6. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Yes, the VT series. . .
    I played through one once, and nothing Eden has done since has come close. YMMV of course.
    Laurence

7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Jim Demeter is THE MAN for preamps! I sell so many of his on-boards that I can't keep them in stock!!!!!!!