1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

James Jamerson and the Legend of the Funk Machine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lasereyevision, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Lasereyevision

Lasereyevision

Jun 11, 2014
    Hello everyone! I was suggested to post this on here by a person on /r/Bass!

So this is a Kickstarter page for a friend of mine's documentary project. The documentary is all about James Jamerson and finding the Funk Machine. If you know Bass then you probably know who Jamerson is and how his Bass the "Funk Machine" was stolen shortly before he died. Any support you can give to the project would be greatly appreciated! It really is a labor of love, from a true fan.

2. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. ToP fan

ToP fan Gold Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Just gave $175 - I challenge all true Bass lovers to pony up !!!!!!!!!

Dave

4. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great to hear, Dave!

5. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just contributed $175 as well!

I'm glad I was able to contribute to the project, and look forward to receiving the Jamerson giclee print, DVD & more in the future. The most important thing is the effort to locating the bass itself.

Here is a very cool article which was just published on the project:
    http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...mes-jamersons-stolen-bass/Content?oid=4948346

Here is the kickstarter link: