James lomenzos book of shaddows bass tone

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by enemybass, Jan 29, 2009.

1. enemybass

enemybass

Jan 3, 2008
    london
    does anybody know what bass james lomenzo used on the Zakk Wylde album book of shaddows
    I love it
    heres a sample http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vbfCauQceGs&feature=related

If not any suggestions for basses I know he uses warwicks,fenders and at one stage a G&L
    but what would get me closest to this type of sound
    ???

2. enemybass

enemybass

Jan 3, 2008
    london
    come on someone out there must know

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Subscribed, some awesome bass tone there.

4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Sounds like the Warwick, although I'm not sure. I could ask him if you like.

5. enemybass

enemybass

Jan 3, 2008
    london
  6. JLoMenzo

JLoMenzo

Jan 31, 2009
    That was an Alembic Series 1

7. enemybass

enemybass

Jan 3, 2008
    london
    dam it not much chance of me affording one of those lol
    Thanks dude

8. JLoMenzo

JLoMenzo

Jan 31, 2009
    You may be shocked to know that I picked this bass up in 1980 for about $800.00 from a local ad in the Recycler.

Some of these basses don't hold their value as well as you think they would. You might do well to keep your eye's peeled on ebay and in some music stores. Some times musicians really need some cash and, well you could do them a service by helping them out with money they need and giving their instruments a good home.

BTW, It was great seeing your post regarding "Book of Shadows". It's always been one of my favorite albums of Zakk's. I'm honored to have been a part of it. My wife texted me just yesterday while I was recording some tracks for the new Megadeth album. "Evil ways", one of the bonus tracks from that album had come up on her ipod and she wanted to tell me how cool she thought my bass was on it. When I saw your post yesterday I thought, "how serendipitous... got to reply to this dude". So, there you have it.

Best of luck,

James

James

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, I'd never known you used an Alembic during your career. Sounds like a big ole' piano...typically (long scale) Alembic sound! :smug:

10. enemybass

enemybass

Jan 3, 2008
    london
    Im itching to hear some of the New megadeth stuff
    I Was blown away with United abominations still very High in my Ipod fav's
    Love the sound on washinton is next and never walk alone
    live sound was cool last year in london
    Got the full ashdown ABM Rig and Your ashdown hyperdrive pedal and still can get that sort of tone
    Maybe the Marcus Jazz is the secret ;)

11. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Hey James this is Miracle Man from your old Message board...So what is up with your web site? Been checking back from time to time and it still isn't up, and now it says it's been hacked..

12. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Hey James, good to see you here too! I didn't know you were on talkbass.

13. Geddyfleaharris

Geddyfleaharris Supporting Member

I love it and think it's great when Pros stop in. Especially one who I have seen play twice in the last 2 years at Megadeth shows. Loved Megadeth's United Abominations and can't wait to hear new stuff.

14. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Exciting times!

Great to see you here! Another United Abominations fan here, espcially Never Walk Alone.

15. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    The best thing about James Lomenzo that I can verify after meeting him at Bass Player Live! this year is that he is truly a gentleman and down-to -earth stand-up guy!

Great to have you aboard, James!

16. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    Hey James,

Love the work on UA. Great to see you here. Saw MegaDeth open up for Heaven and Hell in Chicago. You guys tore it up,stole the show IMO!! I am really looking forward to the next album and tour.

17. Geddyfleaharris

Geddyfleaharris Supporting Member

+1 Same thing for in Winnipeg! Thought the roof was going to come down during Peace Sells!

Then last year's Gigantour was awesome too!

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021