1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jamey Abersold Jazz Workshop?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ransombass, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    I don't know if this the proper forum for this, but here goes.

I'm looking into attending a Jamey Abersold Jazz Workshop this summer.

Has anyone been to one?

Was it a good experience?

I play electric bass only; is that a problem?

I play blues, rock, soul and R&B. Will the instruction be beneficial?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Do a SEARCH here, on the DB side, there's a nice little thread about somebody's experience from a couple of years back. for any nuts and bolts type info, you should e-mail Chris Fitzgerald, who posts here under his name.. He's been faculty/admin at these for a number of years and can give you all the info you need.

3. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    I hope to go next year. I don't play jazz but I only live an hour from Louisville. Should be a good time.

4. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    I searched the DB side and didn't find anything. Anyone have any experience with the summer workshops? Anyone??

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
  6. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    Thanks Ed! Such great service and with a beautiful smile as well. I smell a big tip coming your way.:D

7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    The quality goes in before the name goes on...