Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jamhouse gig in July

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassyBill, Jun 3, 2005.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Any TBers out there from Birmingham or surrounding areas? That's UK, not Alabama! My band (check link in signature) have a gig lined up at the Jamhouse, Thursday this week (21st July). It's our first one there and it will also be the first one where I get to use my new bass. It would be really nice if any of you guys could pop in for a listen and say hello! Free entry before 9, check the Jamhouse website for more details.

www.thejamhouse.com

Hope I've posted this in the right forum...?

2. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Bump

3. I would be there if it was closer to home. I hope it goes well for you.

4. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    Hi Bill, I am from Birmingham too. The Jamhouse will be a cool place to play and hope it goes well. Unfortunately its my daughters birthday but would be good to see you one time, I love watching bands.

Steve

5. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Thanks for the good wishes guys! Looking forward to this one. Check out the video on our band's website to see what sort of stuff the Brummies are in for on Thursday night.... (link in signature)

6. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    How did the gig go?

Steve

7. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Terrific, Steve, thanks for asking. Band played pretty well, most of the crowd were up dancing and having a good time. We've been booked back there in October, so the management must have been fairly pleased with the show. Nice place, recommended gig if you're in a band playing the sort of stuff that seemed to go down well there - sort of retro 70s and 80s disco/soul/funk in our case.

BTW, I see from your profile that we're both baby boomers with similar tastes in basses and influences! :D How's the Brum scene for you?