Jamie Reynolds from Klaxons

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by markdavid, Jan 23, 2009.

1. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    Was just listening to Myths of the near future the other day and just occurred to me how underrated this guy is , hes got a really grindy tone on some of the songs on the album , anyone else agree?

2. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier.. Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    I was impressed when I saw the Klaxxons last year.

His technique isn't the prettiest(!) but what he plays is great; very gritty Rick' tone and he sings well too!

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    As far as bassists go, I don't think he's underrated since he's not exactly a great player.

"It's not over yet" is a fantastic song though.

4. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I think he's very overrated, mostly by himself. He has a massive ego, that isn't really backed up by his talent.

5. I was listening to this album while driving around with my GF today and I love his sound :bassist:
    I know it mostly comes from the Rickenbacker, but does anyone know what distortion pedals (if any) he's using? Love his distorted tone :hyper:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021