Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jamiroquai: Essential Bass Transcriptions

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Merrsaj, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Merrsaj

Merrsaj

Sep 7, 2004
    For those of you in to Jamiroquai/Stuart Zender, a new bass lines transcription book has been released entitled 'Jamiroquai: Essential Bass Transcriptions'.

The book contains note-for-note transcriptions, in both TAB and Standard Notation, with chord symbols. It features 3 transcriptions from each of the first 5 Jamiroquai albums and contains tracks such as Mr.Moon, Cosmic Girl, Alright, Space Cowboy, Black Capricornday and many more...

Visit www.simonmerrick.co.uk for more information about the book and how to order one!

2. Resurrection. Just wanna bump this thread for anyone into Jamiroquai. This book is supposed to be the bees knees of Jamiroquai Transcriptions. I just ordered one myself, can't wait for it to arrive! :hyper:

3. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Resurrection.

I really want this book. Can we get it in the US?

4. paul_wolfe

paul_wolfe

Mar 8, 2009
    London
    Simon posts on these boards - I'm sure he'll answer too. Unfortunately the book is OOP with no plans to come back into print.

HE has started a new website though - and there are some excellent transcriptions, including Jamiroquai - already posted.

I forget the url... if you search the recent Tableture section you'll find it.

5. paul_wolfe

paul_wolfe

Mar 8, 2009
    London
  6. SimonMerrick

SimonMerrick

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    Thanks Paul!

SteveC, yes, the books are no longer being made. I have started a new website: thebassment.info

You'll find plenty of Jamiroquai transcriptions being added over the next few months amongst many others. ;)

Just uploaded Steely Dan's "Josie" !

7. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    you used to have loads of transcriptions as free downloads, i got quite a few of them. excellent work.

8. paul_wolfe

paul_wolfe

Mar 8, 2009
    London
    Hey Simon.

You're welcome. Shame the Print on demand didn't work out. I kind of thought that idea would solve the problems.

Ah well.

Dig the new site btw.

Paul

9. SimonMerrick

SimonMerrick

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    Just an update.

Transcriptions from these books are now available to purchase online. You can select the transcriptions you want, no DRM, in TAB or Notation.

For more information, head over to www.thebassment.info

10. Katfish Krow

Katfish Krow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hawaii
    ^ Thank you Simon.

I'm a new member here as well as a new bass player but any tabs of my favorite music are always welcomed! It's very hard to find tabs or even sheet music for bands like Jamiorquai and Roy Ayers..even Lionel Richie bass tabs are proving impossible to find lol. So thank you.

11. SimonMerrick

SimonMerrick

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
  12. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    Good Work!

13. bezbass

bezbass

Aug 19, 2011
    A list of his effects on tracks (zender) and some tabbing of squarepusher would be immensely appreciated too. Is there a pedal that does that under a blanket effect you hear on dance tracks and dubstep bass etc. Would be great to have a pedal for that sound.

14. bezbass

bezbass

Aug 19, 2011
    I realise that wasn't strictly related to the post but thought I'd see if you could help us poor souls out :)

15. SimonMerrick

SimonMerrick

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    Hi bezbass,

No, I haven't yet done any Squarepusher.

I can't answer your question regarding effects, but Stuart Zender used both the Boss ME-6B and ME-8B multi-effects units.

16. bezbass

bezbass

Aug 19, 2011
    Thanks again. Good to know where to start. :)