Jamiroquai - Feels just like it should

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by matiya, Apr 20, 2005.

1. While browsing www.funkin.com, I noticed a link to AOL's stream of Jamiroquai's new single. I listened to the song and was totally let down. It just doesn't feel right to me :( What do you guys think about the song?
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I haven't heard it, but I think Jamiroquai has started to slip since Travelling without moving. The first two albums were great, TwM is good too, but after that :meh: There is great stuff on the later albums, but imo those albums are not consistent (sp?) enough.

Can you describe the new song?
  3. Well, it's definitely different than their last album..If you didn't like their last album, maybe you'll like the track..It's very groove oriented, not very catchy (in a poppy meaning)..The melody is lacking, IMO.. The bass line does support the song, but it's far from flashy..Don't expect another "Cosmic girl-ish" bass playing :)
    I don't know who played bass on the track..It has been said, that Paul Turner (Annie Lennox) had joined..
  4. alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    "Travelling without moving" was the last allbum that Stuart Zender played bass on before he left. I think they also changed the guitarist. I agree in that their newer stuff hasn't been all that consistent. I'd definitely be interested to hear the new track tho. :)
  5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Could you give us the link, I can't find it.
  6. rtsp://real-eu.stream.aol.com:554/aol/uk/aol/music/prop/2005/audio/jamiroquai_feelslikeitshould.rm?cloakport=80%2c554%2c7070

copy & paste in your browser

I don't like it :(
  7. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Jay Kay can think what he wants, but Jamiroquai is nothing but a lame bar band without Zender on bass.
  8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    @Emagdnin; your link doesn't seem to work...
  9. rtsp://real-eu.stream.aol.com:554/aol/uk/aol/music/prop/2005/audio/jamiroquai_feelslikeitshould.rm?cloakport=80%2c554%2c7070

in case the link doesn't work, go to http://www.funkin.com/news/ and check Tue 19 Apr news
  10. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Wow, it sounds like a really bad sample from a Justin Timberlake song...but worse.

11. Yeah, def a let down...Ill still be able to funk out to their other albums, though...
  12. Whatever happened to Zen?
  13. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I didn't realize he quit. Synkronized is easily my favorite album though. Love Stu on that one.
  14. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    hit the nail on the head. Im a hardcore fan, that was the turning point. I read he left for family or something like that. stupid families always getting in the way of fans happiness. I think it'd take a strong man/women to pull back from a talent and a career like that.
  15. I can't make out your sig:

"The sword must fall back the incurable wound, lest the unharmed part be drawn."

Or soemthing...i forget the real meaning of recidere..?
  16. Jay Kay sounds like Lenny Kravitz on this track. You guys can mope all you want, but I like it quite a bit.
  17. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

Stu's not on that one. As for the new song, it doesn't do much for me.
  18. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I heard the song and I was very disappointed...It sounded like a Snoop and Justin collaboration or something, but bad...