Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jumping_Bomb_Angel, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Im currently buzzing to : A Funk Oddyssey. I love this album. What Id like to know is, are all Jamiroquai albums as fine and funky as this - and can anyone advise me on similar sounding acid jazz stuff, as Im new to this.

Thank you and good night.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

In my view, "Traveling Without Moving" is a high point because Kay (Jamiroquai) had the very talented Stu Zender on bass then.
    "Return of the Space Cowboy" is another you might like. (Don't get me wrong, I have "Odyssey" too and like the electronic cuts).

You might also like Groove Collective's "We the People" quite a bit. Brand New Heavies' "Acid Jazz Years" and "Gold Collection" are worth a listen, too.
  3. 'Syncronized' is the album that resembles 'a funk oddessey' the most I think. But you should check out the earlier albums, especially 'Return of the space cowboy'. Really good!
  4. my opinion of Jamiroquai albums in order:

1. Return Of the Space Cowboy
    2. Travelling Without Moving
    3. A Funk Odyssey/ Emergency on PLanet Earth (tied)
    4. Synkronized

I love all the albums, and I like both Zender (who i aspire to be like as a player) and Fyffe. "Return " is the first album of theirs I heard and thats wh yits my favourite.
  5. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    imo,the best album by jamiroquai is by far emergency on planet earth