Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JamMan help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Classical_Thump, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    I just got a JamMan for Christmas, and I must say its great. The looping is great, easy and usable. However, I noticed that once you start playing back the loop there is a slight pause between when one loop ends and the next begins. It's possible that my timing just isn't down yet, but I just want there to be a continuous stream of loop without any pauses. Any tips?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Are you sure it doesn't have to do with when YOU actually clicked to end the loop?

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah, it soundsilke a user error.

No offense though, man. I was testing one out at where I work, and you need to stomp then play as soon as you stomp.

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I use the JamMan and from what you've described it's sounds like your timing if just a little off.

5. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    yea i've never looped before, ill have to work on it

6. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Another issue could be that if you are making very short loops the Jam Man might be glitching. IIRC the folks on Loopers-Delight found that it had a minimum 3 sec loop time and would glitch if you went shorter. So that is one possibility.

Also, remember that you punch in and out in the same beat so if you count 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 you punch in in the 1, and again on the next 1, not on the 4. I've seen this cause problems.

And if you really think it is the box, try to get to a store and try another, or just return it for a new one if you bought it locally.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

My experience with the Digitech JamMan,I would just like to say that,you can punch in to start or end on 1,2,3,or 4 it depends on how you're writing and arranging,I've punced in at these points while playing alone and with a drummer

8. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    The original question was from someone new to looping, not an experienced looper like you or even me for that matter. I should have been more clear... I was thinking that he could have had a skip because of not punching in on a complete phrase. I wasn't expressing any other technical issues with the device :)

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I am not at all writing this in a defensive tone.

I understood his question very clearly and the question he asked has to do with timing issues(and he being new to the pedal).I responded to your answer based of off my experience with the pedal and to help him avoid possibly more obsticals with the JamMans function capabilities as he gets thru the learning curve.

10. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    Thanks for the advice. After playing on it for a few hrs I've realized that it was mostly my fault. The pause in between loops now is basically unnoticable.

11. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I can't speak for the Jamman, but I know that with my RC-20 there is a slight delay when I'm setting the loop-point of the first loop - like between the end of the loop, and the first time it starts over - after that, the splice point is perfect and seamless.

Joe