Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jammed Out, Give me something to work with

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I can't think of any new songs. So I'm asking for your help.

Just give me some chord changes, tab, or anything that can be bashed together into a nice little ditty. I like writing originals, the last one I wrote was really good (in the opinions of others).

So if you submit, I will give you parcial credit for the song's composition depending on how much you submit.

P.S. The last song I wrote was in E Minor.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Try this chord sequence: C#m, Am, Bmaj, G#min. Now do it in 7/8. And tap chords on top while you play the bassline with your left hand. Good luck!

3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    maybe something a little less DMVish please! But thanks for the suggestion.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    DMV is essentially one chord in 4/4.

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Yea, I know. But I guess it's the tapping thing. Whenever I hear taping I immediatley think of DMV because that must of been the first place I heard it. Anyone know that really cool Wooten tap line on the new Bela Fleck album?

6. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    G for 4 beats, G/B for four,Em for four, C for 2, Cm/D for 2, G for 2, Bm for 2, Am for 2, D for 2, back to G

7. the 7/8 7/8 7/8 8/8 line? if so its in the bass player issue with vic on the cover

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    You can voice all of those chords fretting the root/bass note and playing harmonics for the rest of the tones, except for the Cm/D chord. If you have a bass with a high C you could, but it would be a little bit tricky (open D string, Eb a la portrait of tracy {first finger on 2nd fret A string, pinky on 6th fret playing the Eb, ring finger play 5th fret on G and C strings...) Did I say tricky? I think i meant impossible.

You can play that chord on a 4-string, just not simultaneously, unless you have a third or fourth hand.

You could play Eb, then the C harmonic on the D string, the 5th fret G harmonic on the g string, and tap the D on the E.