Jammed Out, Give me something to work with

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I can't think of any new songs. So I'm asking for your help.

Just give me some chord changes, tab, or anything that can be bashed together into a nice little ditty. I like writing originals, the last one I wrote was really good (in the opinions of others).

So if you submit, I will give you parcial credit for the song's composition depending on how much you submit.

P.S. The last song I wrote was in E Minor.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Try this chord sequence: C#m, Am, Bmaj, G#min. Now do it in 7/8. And tap chords on top while you play the bassline with your left hand. Good luck!

3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    maybe something a little less DMVish please! But thanks for the suggestion.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    DMV is essentially one chord in 4/4.

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Yea, I know. But I guess it's the tapping thing. Whenever I hear taping I immediatley think of DMV because that must of been the first place I heard it. Anyone know that really cool Wooten tap line on the new Bela Fleck album?

6. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    G for 4 beats, G/B for four,Em for four, C for 2, Cm/D for 2, G for 2, Bm for 2, Am for 2, D for 2, back to G

7. the 7/8 7/8 7/8 8/8 line? if so its in the bass player issue with vic on the cover

8. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    You can voice all of those chords fretting the root/bass note and playing harmonics for the rest of the tones, except for the Cm/D chord. If you have a bass with a high C you could, but it would be a little bit tricky (open D string, Eb a la portrait of tracy {first finger on 2nd fret A string, pinky on 6th fret playing the Eb, ring finger play 5th fret on G and C strings...) Did I say tricky? I think i meant impossible.

You can play that chord on a 4-string, just not simultaneously, unless you have a third or fourth hand.

You could play Eb, then the C harmonic on the D string, the 5th fret G harmonic on the g string, and tap the D on the E.