Jammin for Jugs

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Pantsman, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Hey guys, just after some helpful info.

a friend and i are going to be playing at the above linked open mic night. Now first thing, the list of whats provided. nothing bass friendly. Wondering what is my best bet, i was thinking of bringing in my 30watt combo, dunno if it is big enough though, maybe i could use one of the mic's to run it into the PA, but i dunno what sort of mic it is, i think it is just a vocal mic so it probly wont be a good idea to use it for the bass. I am about to own a Zoom 506II, is it possible to just plug that straight into the PA??? :help: i think thats all, if you need more info, just ask

Thanks for the help
  2. after reading up on the zoom, no way, going to have to re-consider. so i don't know weather i can ask this question in this area of the forum but, what would be a similar product that would allow me to plug straight into the PA/mix or whatever, like a Boss me-50b or digitech BP80 ... damn, i sound really noobish
  3. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    All you would need is a DI box if you are plugging straight into the PA such as:
    Sansamp BDDI
    Ampeg SVTDI - Tube powered
    Most good multieffect pedals have amp and cab emulation and sound alright plugged directly in. The two you mentioned would be good.

Or if your head on your amp has a direct out on it you can bring that in too.
  4. I would have sworn this was a breast cancer benefit...
  5. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
  6. Hooray for boobies!! unfortunately both those links are of no use to me realisticly. Ya see, i live in Ockerland (aka Australia) and shipping costs would be ... well, HUGE (DD-Cup sized even). And my current amp you say??? will a crappy Kustom 10watt guitar amp do?? :D but yeah, i might be picking up a BP-50 today. thanks anyways guys :p
  7. che990

Feb 19, 2005
    played a gig a couple of months back and i think we wired it through a PA with the guitars and bass you really want to see what sort of PA system it is.