1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jamming over an Em7

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Beast, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I'm sure it's pretty common here, but I'm looking for some criticisms on my playing/phrasing. Here I'm just jamming over an Em7 over a small loop I made on my Boss looper.

After viewing over it, it seems some other audio got bunched in there, I don't see it as distracting, but if it's too distracting, let me know and I'll remove it.

2. That's a Major chord you're jamming over, mate. The backup track gives it a dominant (b7th) feel.

Your soloing implies that it's major.

3. Silly me, your right, I forgot to take that root note groove into account.

My soloing may have implied it's major because I tried to switch through the modes and such and maybe landed on Major for a while.

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    You're on the right track for sure. I like how you are playing a note over several beats as opposed to filling everything up with 1/8 notes. Far better way to hear the different notes and the tension they create. Might want to try sliding into a note choice to add a bit of lyricism to the lines.

5. Thanks for the advice! :hyper:

6. It's hard to decipher with the audio quality. For some weird reason at first sight it looks like you have a Pedulla.