Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Janes Addiction Eric Avery

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Andy2, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Andy2

Andy2

Sep 29, 2000
    What do you about Eric Avery from Janes Addiction. I think he plays with a pick but he got great tone and cool basslines. Also Flea do a good job when he played in that band. What do you guys think????

2. I dug Eric Avery's playing.. very tasteful and melodic lines. I used to play along with "Nothing's Shocking" and "Ritual de lo Habitual."

3. great tone, real driving lines. "three days" is such a good song

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool tone, cool lines.

Janes Addiction was one of my favorite bands in high school.

Is it true that they are reuniting sometime here in the near future, or did it already happen, or is it a bunch of crap??

And yeah, Flea did a good job in there too. Of course.

5. Janes addiction is one of my favorite bands. Eric avery was simple but awesome and I dont think flea is good replacement (as good as he is, hes different). Isnt janes gonna put out anoher album with flea in it

6. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    they played this date at a coffe place in boston area by my work

7. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Eric is one of my favorite bass players ever! Every bass line of his just rules! He's had a big infulence on my playing. If you dig his playing you should definately check out the album he did with Dave Navaro after Jane's Deconstruction. It's very cool. Eric's post Jane's band Polar bear was cool to but the bass lines didn't stand out as much.