Jane's Addiction

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Suburban_punk, May 14, 2003.

1. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Is the GREATEST Rock N Roll band ever!
    In my eyes of course.

They influenced everything from fashion..(Korn didn't have dreads befor these guys) To summer festivals. (Can't recall seeing huge venues before early 91)

There stuff still holds water to the "cookie cutting" nu / emo what ever its called sounds today. Some I refrain to even call music

I feel better.... ;)

Will I get knocked by the mods for this post? I hope not.
  2. woodstock?
    [edit: ;) ]
  3. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    LOL.. ;)

Don't count man....I mean coming out of the eighties, music was looking pretty grim. These guys paved the way.

Did you see there is a Mike Watt forum?
    Good stuff.
  4. Yes, we all love Jane's Addiction.

Anyone heard Hypersonic yet?

It's good, let me tell ya.
  5. It's not like the Europeans were having huge summer festivals or anything... :rolleyes:
  6. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    I had the pleasure seeing them last November here in Denver and played the classics, but played 3 new ones off the new record.

Suffer Some (old one)
    Price I pay

They covered Should I stay (is that it?) by the Clash.

Bob Ezrin Produced this one. (Remember Pink Floyd "The Wall" Kiss "Destroyer")

Record should be out In July.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Rock in Rio?

Oh, that's right, it ocurred out of the USA, so technically it didn't happen.;)
  8. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Good point and point taken...

9. BTW, the band have renamed thier new album "Strays", and as far as I know have not changed the release date.
  10. They are not really my cup of tea, yet I like their "Jane Says", "Summertime Rolls" and "I Would For You" :)