Japan Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wilki29, Jul 24, 2005.

1. wilki29

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a 1984-1987 squire fretless japanese jazz bass with the serial number E+6 digits. The bass itself is in good condtion other than the nut and the strings. I have been told its worth a good amount of money. Does anyone know around how much its worth or where i can sell it? Also is there any way to restore some components to make it worth more? IF so how?Thanks
  2. dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    theres a 85 at a nearby pawnshop and they want $350 for it. but if you wanna see how much it will go for put it up on ebay with a reserve like $1000 and see what it goes for, ive done that with a car and a vintage guitar amp i used to have. or you could become a supporting member and put it in the "for sale" fourm.
  3. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii

I sold a heavily modified one for $350 earlier his year. It had a replacement all maple Mighty Mite neck, Seymour Duncan Hot Jazz Bass PUs, all new pots, and a Badass II Bridge. The Olympic White finish was yellowed in some areas, had various dents and dings, and one big 3/4" chip in the paint along the lower part of the body. I thought I got a decent price.

If your bass is in good condition and has a decent neck, you should have no problem selling it. The neck is the first thing the savvy buyers will check on. Many of the early- to mid-1980s Squier basses had necks that ended up warping even with the truss rod maxed.

:cool: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :cool: