Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Japan Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wilki29, Jul 24, 2005.

1. wilki29

wilki29

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a 1984-1987 squire fretless japanese jazz bass with the serial number E+6 digits. The bass itself is in good condtion other than the nut and the strings. I have been told its worth a good amount of money. Does anyone know around how much its worth or where i can sell it? Also is there any way to restore some components to make it worth more? IF so how?Thanks

2. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    theres a 85 at a nearby pawnshop and they want $350 for it. but if you wanna see how much it will go for put it up on ebay with a reserve like $1000 and see what it goes for, ive done that with a car and a vintage guitar amp i used to have. or you could become a supporting member and put it in the "for sale" fourm.

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    FYI,

I sold a heavily modified one for $350 earlier his year. It had a replacement all maple Mighty Mite neck, Seymour Duncan Hot Jazz Bass PUs, all new pots, and a Badass II Bridge. The Olympic White finish was yellowed in some areas, had various dents and dings, and one big 3/4" chip in the paint along the lower part of the body. I thought I got a decent price.

If your bass is in good condition and has a decent neck, you should have no problem selling it. The neck is the first thing the savvy buyers will check on. Many of the early- to mid-1980s Squier basses had necks that ended up warping even with the truss rod maxed.

:cool: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :cool: