1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Japanese and Korean producers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowness, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Lowness

Lowness Banned

Mar 13, 2015
    Healdsburg, CA
    Hi

Does anyone have a list of the good Japanese and Korean bass producers?

The producers other than those producing for US / international companies on contract.

Cheers

James

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    Two Korean companies.One Japanese.
    KHL.Corp.They make Wolf basses and sell them unbranded OEM to Woodo,HK (Heike-Vertrieb),Raven West companies.KHL Co., Ltd. - electric guitars, guitar

Wolf basses are sold on Ebay.I bought mine there. Snapshot_20141115 (10).
    lklo69 | eBay

Korean Hatsun Tune Guitar Technology.Tune basses. Tune bass guitar official website
    The Japanese Tune Guitar Maniac.TUNE Official Web Site

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    ENGLISH - BACCHUS Guitars
    They make some beautiful basses. I'm a big fan of the Woodline series.

4. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    I have an FGN-made FGN-brand bass that is freakin' awesome. It's the same company that made a lot of Japanese Fenders and the high-end Ibanez models. They have their own line, their own design pickups and I've really enjoyed my FGN Jazz. I also have two FGN-made Fenders from the mid to late 80s and they've been great instruments.

5. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  6. Kragnorak

Kragnorak

Sep 20, 2008
    I just ordered my second Claymore - they are heavy and not the simplest to play, but they are HOT with ridiculously-good quality components for the cost. It seems that there may be a few manufacturers supplying similar companies such as Tanatos and Raven West as I notice similar design features, but that is speculation. For example, I have a feeling that somebody is making a really hot pre-amp and selling it to multiple companies, but a) the companies themselves are cagey about who makes their electronics and b) if you open up the instruments the components are unlabeled.

Sample recording with a Claymore below. The bass has great mids, but the engineer likes a scooped tone:

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

All Japanese brands of the Deviser group :
    • Bacchus
    • Headway
    • Momose
    • Seventy Seven
    • STR