Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

japanese beaches

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Atef, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I believe the Germans were well ahead of the Japanese with the idea of holiday indoor beaches.

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Blonde beaches are my favorite.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Um.. it's situated 300m from the real sea. I fail to see the point.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it starts to rain or if it's cold, you may change your mind.

IMO, I agree with you though. HAHA

5. That is sad. Instead of trying to save the earth's beauty from being destroyed by human greed, we just go and make our own fake versions of the earth. :meh:

6. Well if it's raining you can go the next day and if it's cold it must be winter, so you could just stay home or go for skiing. Come on there is no point to go there, admit it :D

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Smelly Hippie alert!!!

[​IMG]

:ninja: :bag:

:D

8. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think they have indoor skiing in Japan, too. So you could go to the beach in the winter and ski in the summer.

9. CODE RED ALERT
    [​IMG]

10. Hahaha, yeah, I should have known :)

It's like the fruit thing, no one wants strawberries in March when there is plenty and cheap, everyone wants to eat them during the fricking winter!

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I agree, and KSerg, is that you again?

12. ROFL! Vorago I just saw your new avatar! That's amazing.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Yeah, but I don't like it anymore. Spacey stuff coming up ;)

14. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    3 words... "flame spitting volcano" ;)

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

I am damn sexy...

That acctually scared the hell out of me... i almost fell of the chair...

16. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oh! Didn't notice that. Indoor beach I don't get, but indoor flame spitting volcano.. makes the water all bubbly and warm, eh?

17. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Isn't that Glenn Cornick? :p

Hasn't Disney done this already?

18. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    They're building an indoor surf arena in humble old Swansea shortly... It'll be the second in the world (presumably that Japanese one is the first), and the first in Europe... The university have started doing courses in surfing, and there have been huge beach clear up programmes lately... Looks like they're finally making use of the fact that we have the biggest tidal difference in Europe here - surfers already come from all over to surf here, with the addition of an indoor surf arena for the less hard-core, or for those who can't afford to miss practice in the pouring rain, it sounds like a good idea.

And before anyone says that people should be out in the cold doing it from the very start, try swimming in the Welsh waters...

19. I remember reading in an Atlantic Monthly article a few years back that something like 90% of Japan's coastline is covered with concrete, largely in the form of seawalls built during the great Keynesian construction orgy of the mid-'90s. If that's true, what a tragedy. I realize that the country is vulnerable to tsunamis, but so is a lot of the California coast, and you don't see anything like that here except near the Los Angeles/Long Beach ports and the Navy bases in San Diego and Oxnard.