Japanese Fender Basses etc

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5fretless, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Hi all,

Uncovered this site on a trawl for Japanese Fender basses -

Has more models than the Fender Japan website !

I particularly like the natural fretless Precision with the maple fingerboard with the 68-75 headstock decal - page 2 if you scroll down.

Also, there is a "post 75" Jazz bass on page 3 - black with maple neck and black block inlays - almost a Geddy Lee bass - I wonder how the neck dimensions compare ? - stick a Badass and some Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups and I bet that bass kick some serious butt !

I also like the 5-string Jazz basses that seem to be unique to Japan - have seen them on offer on e-bay though.....

If you go to the "home" page there are lots of nice piccies of other basses to drool over - like the zebrano bodied Warwick Streamer - nice !

Enjoy !

Bill :cool:
  2. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    That's really interesting. Do they ship international?
  3. Very impressive collection! I like the fact that they're making many basses with block inlays and transparent finishes. It's a pleasant change.
  4. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Wow...wish I could one or a few...

But I'm stuck being with little money, my Ibanez, and my love for thin necks...
  5. I want one of those Jazzmasters really bad! I know they're guitars, but that is sexy. People seem to like Fender Japan's basses around here, but what do they think of the guitars? I suppose this is a hijack, so I'll mention that I also love the turquoise jazz in full chrome with blocks and tort. Wow. Good stuff.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Wow SMASH....those were my three top choices too. Same order as you have them displayed.

7. Hi,

I don't believe they do - however, if you go to e-bay and look for "Fender Japan" - there are a few dealers that operate internationally. If you simply ask them a question - make sure to include the model number you are interested in I'm sure they'd be only too happy to help. I've e-mailed the chap at "Bluezy guitars" a few times and he has been excellent to deal with.

Yeah, I love the fretless maple fingerboard Precisions - I'll have to ask if they do a sunburst version with a tortie scratchplate. Mind you, natural with a tortie s/plate sounds delicious too.......add a badass and a bridge P-bass p/up or a Jazz p/up.....

8. hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    Try "Ishibashi" - I'm just gonna send you over to the Fender forum and just troll around for a little bit - click on anything about "Japanese Jazz basses" or "Ishibashi" - you might have to go a page or two in. They have a general search function too - it's not as easy to use as TB's, but it'll get you what you need if you're patient. A lot of people over there seem to have had pretty good experiences with Ishibashi, but I'm gonna let y'all do the work in digging up the various threads...