1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Japanese Fender PB70. Expert help needed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by P-punk, May 5, 2010.

1. So, I've been offered to trade my Fender JB75 for a mid-nineties Fender PB70. Have received some pics from the owner, and the bass looks good. However instead of a thumbrest like a PB70 would have (on the bass side) this bass has a tugbar (on the treble side). Makes me a little suspicious.

Were the PB70 ever delivered with a tugbar? The neck looks like a real PB70-neck, but the placement of the tugbar worries me.

Gonna look on the bass tomorrow, and possibly do the trade. Any help would be welcome.

2. Someone? Anyone? :help:

3. Volume4

Volume4

Sep 15, 2009
    Long Island
    Okay, whats a tugbar? :confused:

4. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Like a thumbrest but on the other side of the strings. As below...

1217370104170_f.

5. Volume4

Volume4

Sep 15, 2009
    Long Island
    Oh ok, so its a thumbrest placed on the treble side.

Lots of people move them to the bass side more than the other way around.....so that is suspicous.....but it could just be the pickguard has been changed and/or someone...like me....would just be annoyed by it on the bass side.

I had tugbars I guess on both my J and P.....now just my P and they were just there because they came that way and looked cool. I even have an ebony tugbar on my P

Feels weird to say that :smug:

It might mean nothing, did you ask the guy?

6. I guess I'll bring with me a screwdriver to see if there's holes for a thumbrest under the pickguard.