Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Japanese Fenders help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, May 13, 2005.

1. I'm thinking about getting a Japanese Fender Jazz Bass.
    How long will it take it for me to recieve the bass?
    Also, I plan on switching the pick-ups for DiMarzio's, but I dont know which particular pick-up model. Can y'all enlighten me here?
    Also, I need this site translated to English http://www.apollonmusic.com/c_menu/Fender_html/FJ.html
    any one know how?

2. Bump

3. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    http://www.excite.co.jp/world/engli...tar/fender-j/bs-index.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Try this site for Japan Fenders. Be sure to also look at the other models by clicking on the line on that page that is at top right that says "A Kanda Company Original model here" there are other models thru there, that aren't shown on the first page.

As far as you your Apollo site ...I would do a search for "language Translator download" or along those lines. Often times when you go to a Japaneese site there is a link offered to download translation software.

4. thanks!

5. I just sold a 70's reissue PBass(which are Japanese). It had the Semour Duncan SPB-1 pickup. It's Duncan's "vintage" sounding pickup, and it was sweeeeet. It also looks original. You might also wan't to look at adding a preamp. I put the Aguilar OBP-1 into a bass and I was blown away. :cool:

6. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    It usually only takes about 4-7 days for the bass to arrive when ordering the Japanese Fenders from Japan.

I'd get the top of the line model that comes with USA pickups and Alder body. They're better than the lower end models (obviously), the pickups are just fine and don't need to be swapped out.

I'd order from Ishibashi, that's who I got my awesome Precision from. E-mail them and ask for Koichi, he'll hook you up!