Japanese Fenders...Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hateater, Jun 9, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I was playing a p/j configuration Fender about a couple of weeks ago... the tone was blowing my mind! The only thing i did not like was the body. on the top, it had sharp edges instead of rounded edges. It kind of hurt my arm and turned me off to the bass a little.

I went back to GC today, and the bass was gone! It kind of frustrated me because i wanted to play the bass again... here is where you guys come in.

Does anyone know where i can view/order Japanese made basses, or even see pictures or descriptions? I really appreciate the help guys- thanks in advance ;)
  2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Ishibashi has a inventory of MIJ that you can check out, or buy.
  3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Thanks for the responses! That was one sweet bass...
  4. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    i am a big fan of fender japan(also a poet who did'nt know it;) )there is a dude on e-bay that ships them from "TOKYO to your door",this is his handle as well.he always has great fender japans for sale and is a good person(i keep in contact with him for up-dates on his basses)plus there are numerous ones on e-bay from privete seller's all the time,i've seen some awesome basses in the last few weeks.i myself have an 87 P/J SPECIAL and love it, i added some DIMARZIO's and a Bad-Ass bridge and now have a bass thats equal to any fender out there:bassist: .i am in the process of getting a 51 re-issue p-bass japan made,i compaired it against the american 62 re-issue jazz bass(which is 700.00$ more)and it had WAY MORE PUNCH ! when people dis-agree with me about the quality of fender japan i dont argue at all,because the more people who dont like them will only help keep the cost down because of the supply and demand theory. see for yourself and look around,then you will see what i'm talkin about.
    good luck:bassist: