1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

japanese jazz special wiring help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by demolition, Aug 20, 2004.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    my japanese jazz special(84ish)has the classic p-bass jazz bridge pickup configurastion with 3 way selector switch,when I bought it used it was up-graded with dimarzios in the p-position and a stock jazz.
    M question is whomever wired it did it a bit weird,the 3 way works fine but the nobs are wired a bit off,its hard to explain but the nobs do more than supposed to,like if the selector is in the P and J pos.the P-volume nob will cut out both p-ups while the jazz volume does nothing,then in the p-position the jazz volume if turned off will cut out the p pick-up(while the p knob works as well).
    I know its to much to explain here but does anyone know exactely where i can get a wiring diagram here or elsewhere for my bass ? I want it back to original set-up,with some research it sounds like the p-ups are wired out of phase because of how it sounds and how the controls work,I would like it original if possible.
    thanks